As Service Desk, you will build and lead a dedicated staff of Tier I and Tier II service desk coordinators in a dynamic, cloud computing support function. Leveraging years of knowledge and experience on managed services you will lead your team to support a global, hybrid cloud computing environment within both commercial service provider and on-premises deployments, while focusing on process improvements and providing exceptional quality user support. In addition, you will mentor and train subordinate managers and members, establish and adhere to metrics driven quality controls and introduce or maintain best business practices and ITIL processes. This is a hands on role with the expectation of direct client engagement.
Your duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop trust with clients, customers, teammates, and members through transparency, accountability, and credible action.
2. Practice ownership and responsibility for all IT Support Management Services issues to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction.
3. Develop a performance measurement framework in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders and facilitate feedback to team members on customer service issues, communication, and technical skills in order to enhance the quality of support delivered.
4. Participate in the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ongoing management of service level compliance.
5. Provide daily, weekly and monthly metrics driven status reports to leadership.
6. Act as the primary liaison to clients and leadership for all IT Support Service issues.
7. Maintain a high level of team morale and manage IT Support Service resources for optimal performance.
8. Proactively monitor dashboards and program statuses to provide operational awareness to customers and ensure all issues and incidents are responded to in a timely manner and tracked to resolution.
9. Collaborate effectively with dispersed, cross-organizational support desk staff.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
1. 3-6 years leading an ITIL V3 based or ISO 20000 certified service desk operation in a complex, dispersed IT Cloud Computing environment providing 24x7x365 customer support.
2. 3-6 years of experience in IT Support Services.
3. Deep expertise in the function of tiered help desks (all tiers), including asset management, configuration management, and the deployment of new hardware/software/services.
4. Willingness to accommodate new or changed scope and areas of responsibility for Service Desk functions are essential.
5. Candidate must possess a customer service, mission-first mindset and an excellent working knowledge of managing customer relationships.
6. Familiarity with enterprise ITSM tools (BMC Remedy, Service Now, etc.) and technical expertise/background in Windows, Linux and Cloud-based technologies including AWS and Microsoft Azure.
7. Expertise migrating, consolidating or modernizing enterprise IT help desk organizations is highly desired.
8. Bachelor degree or higher in a technical field or IT-related discipline.
9. Exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong negotiation and mediation skills are a must.
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and SharePoint.
2. Must be able to successfully pass/complete a Lumen21 background check to start employment.
3. Must be able to work during U.S.A. time zone (i.e. night shifts) if required for an indefinite period of time.
ITIL Certification v3.0, Sec+ or Net+ Certified.
Lumen21 helps build the right solutions to promote IT within your business by creating new opportunities for greater insight, productivity and profitability. We are committed to providing the highest quality of service at a fair price.