The Human Resources is an integral member of the support functions team. He / She will play a key role in recruitment, entry talent management and developing a strong work culture at Planys. He / she will interact with all teams of Planys and ensure that relevant actions pertaining to employee recruitment, skill development and performance management are appropriately planned and executed.
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
a) Responsible for appraisal cycle which includes maintaining and updating the appraisal process, conducting annual and half yearly performance reviews, goal setting.
b) Lead the organization in annual performance processes and merit reviews for appropriate employee populations.
c) Determine how the process can be improved to meet stakeholder objectives.
d) Reposition the process to stimulate more employee engagement and best align with the company’s performance management strategy.
Responsible for the entire recruitment cycle which includes coordinating with different departments of Planys to capture the requirements pertaining to new recruits, deciding hiring strategy, developing employee benefit plans, short-listing, scheduling and conducting interview, performing pre-joining checks and on-boarding.
Prepare and implement appropriate training plan for new recruits as well as existing team members.
Builds leadership capability through coaching, advice and learning events and facilitates leadership development training.
1. Maintain and update the Employee handbook, which enlists policies, rules and regulations pertaining to employees.
2. Ensure 100% compliance to statutory norms and adherence of employees to handbook.
3. Maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
1. Build a strong work culture at Planys and take appropriate steps to improve the current work space and work environment.
2. Conduct suitable team building activities timely.
Qualification: A management degree in HR, or an graduate degree in other field with prior experience in Human Resource Management is preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Prior experience as a HR Manager is a plus.
2. Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication capabilities to influence key decision makers and establish strong business relationships.
3. Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs.
4. Knowledge of labour laws and statutory norms is a plus.
5. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
6. Superior communications and writing skills and ability to work in a diverse team.
Job Location: Chennai
Planys Technologies is an IIT Madras incubated start up company that provides immersed robotic inspection and survey solutions using indigenously manufactured submersible remotely operated underwater vehicles and autonomous underwater vehicles. Founders of the company are recent IIT Madras Alumni and faculty from Mechanical Engineering. Planys Technologies aims to cover the whole breadth of automated inspection solutions starting from customized design and fabrication of robotic platforms to integrated sensing and diagnostics. Planys's technology spans under the domain of marine robotics combining various inspection techniques and post-inspection analysis tools. (Website: www.planystech.com)