A business development professional has three primary responsibilities:
1. Identifying new sales leads.
2. Pitching products and/or services.
3. Bidding for international projects.
4. Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers.
When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include:
1. Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets.
2. Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
3. Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings.
4. Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
5. Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling, other typical duties include:
1. Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
2. Contacting clients to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
3. Developing quotes and proposals.
4. Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person.
5. Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met.
6. Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
7. To keep healthy relationships with clients, this mostly requires socialization.
8. So from simple chats on the phone and events or conferences business development managers must be sure to keep their customers happy.
Desired Candidate Profile
To be an effective business development executive, an individual must be:
1. Socially adept
2. Good with numbers
3. Able to provide quality leadership to a large team of sales people.
The skills you need to excel in this position include:
1. Strong communication and IT fluency.
2. Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems.
3. In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events.
4. The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
5. Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Excellent time management and organisation.
Founded in 2012, Awapal Solutions has attained impressive heights in IT sector, serving to clients from diverse range of industries. With headquarters in NOIDA, the company has a prominent international presence. Innovative use of emerging technologies is the focus of company, adding value to the services. Company has a widespread reach in IT sector with educational software, MLM Software, CRM products, mobile and web application development, and digital marketing services. We offer high-quality services with the amalgamation of latest mobile and web technologies.