1. Expert level knowledge of Ruby on Rails, MYSQL/PostgreSQL, Rspec.
2. Advanced Ruby, including meta-programming, creating gems, etc.
3. A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code.
4. Understanding of Background Jobs (such as Sidekiq and Resque)
5. Understanding of Caching techniques (Such as Redis and Memcached)
6. Understanding of task queuing such as RabbitMq, Active MQ, etc..
8. Application deployment on Staging and Production servers (Good to have)
9. Complete understanding of Coding Standards.
10. Understanding of Design Patterns.
11. Extensively used Object Oriented Design.
12. Experience in designing, developing and deploying applications.
13. Proficient in English.
14. Willingness to learn and adopt new technologies.
Extensive knowledge of:
1. MVC architecture
2. Ruby and Rails
3. Creating JSON based web services from Ruby on Rails (RoR) apps
A firm grasp of object-oriented analysis and design.
Good to have knowledge in any front end frame work, Angular js 1/2, Backbone js, Ember.js
Should have extensive experience in Agile software development principles, practice, and process
Should have worked on enterprise-cl applications.
RoR Performance tuning and scaling.
Proficiency in English strongly preferred.
Proactive and resourceful person who achieves with minimal oversight.
Team player with the ability and desire to become an integral part of a fast-paced team.
Good knowledge of relational databases MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 or similar
Hands on experience with at least one of the NoSQL environments like MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra.
Experience with text search systems like elastic, solr or similar.
Hands on experience in integrating with third-party REST APIs.
Managing code with Git and other version control tools.
Good to have knowledge of Nginx.
Good to have knowledge of microservices using nodejs API frameworks.
Familiarity with continuous integration.
Recognized as the No. 1 solution in the delivery logistics industry, DispatchTrack processes over 100,000 deliveries a day. Companies with fleet sizes ranging from one truck to several hundred trucks trust their deliveries with DispatchTrack to optimize their delivery operations, provide real-time visibility and optimize customer communication. DispatchTrack is Number 1 and the fastest growing software provider for the Last Mile Logistics industry. With customers spanning from US, Canada, Europe and China, DispatchTrack is expanding and we are looking for talented individuals to help us with our growth. Our offices are located in San Jose, California, Hyderabad and Mysore. This job opening is for our Hyderabad location. We are 45 plus employees, multiple locations in USA and India. Hyderabad office is our largest and this position is for Hyderabad, in the Jubilee Hills area. We are a product-based company, not services-based company. We provide software for the supply chain-logistics industry mostly in the US and Canada, with clients in other countries like UK, Mexico, Taiwan and Australia. We have been very successful, almost double year over year, and these positions are opened as part of our growth strategy.