JobTitle: Technical Team Lead (Assistant Manager Grade)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
A Team Lead works closely with the Solution Architect and across teams to deliver digital solutions for our customers, consulting directly with customers and liaising with internal stakeholders, using technical knowledge to realize a business vision.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be tasked with leading the team, ensuring standards are being met and the solution met, that maximize the use of standard features of our technology and minimize the creation of special cases and once-only customizations. You will work with the solution architect, SME's and delivery teams to ensure that the team is working and the job is being delivered. You will guide your team and get involved in educating the team and providing them the correct way to the solutions. You will bring a strong technical consulting background and will be tasked with conducting technical customer/prospect discovery sessions, driving the design of solutions, and presenting those solutions in the form of presentations, proposals, and Statements of Work (SOWs) and ensuring that these are reusable by as many customers as possible. You will work with a global team delivering to a high standard and focusing on technical work to onboard our customers quickly and effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement scalable, secure and high performing SaaS applications.
2. Work closely with Solution Architect, Technical Teams, Product Designers and Technical Owners to develop applications aligned with the business strategy.
3. Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams that include Product Owners, QA Engineers and fellow DevOps Software Engineers to implement the next generation of Compliance Compendium applications.
4. Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain your talent.
5. Assist with the technical onboarding of new customers.
6. Display/develop an understanding of multiple technologies.
7. Provide technical consulting expertise where required.
8. Step in to provide Technical Support to customers as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Proficiency in managing projects including scope, scheduling, and change management in a project management or customer service role.
2. 10+ years developing web applications in a highly transparent agile organization with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality.
3. Fluent English speaker.
4. Humility and hard-working.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
1. Ability to provide guidance to developers and provide clear and detailed high level and detailed level designs.
2. Technical writing competency; ability to create technical specifications/blueprints and solutions-orientated project proposals.
3. Exceptional time management skills & flexibility in working hours.
4. Development experience with Python Java, PHP and .NET
6. Experience with NodeJS, ReactJS, AngularJS, API Integration
7. Experience with any of XML, APIs, Web Services, Web Forms, RSS, FTP is preferred.
8. Experience using Docker, Dedicated Servers, Azura, Google Cloud (alternatively AWS) to deploy and maintain software applications.
9. Experience designing and implementing SaaS highly available, scalable, secure and multi-tenant applications.
10. Training and mentoring skills.
11. Proven ability to design and implement web services in a RESTful manner, along with understanding our broader service-oriented architectures.
12. Able to use tools such as JIRA, Git, etc. Preferred.
13. Ability to manage multiple programs of work.
14. Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Experience with real-time streaming processing (Kafka/Storm) is preferred.
2. Experience with distributed Bigdata systems is preferred (Presto/Cassandra/HDFS/etc).
3. Experience and knowledge about data structures like Bloom Filters and Hyper Loglog are preferred.
4. Proven ability to work within a cross-functional agile team.
Compliance Compendium is an equal opportunities company and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. Compliance Compendium is a trading name of Compliance Compendium Ltd. If you are successful with your application, you will need to complete Compliance Compendium vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check. Storage of data – Your data is stored in the UK, If you are unsuccessful, your data is removed after the candidate for a role has been selected.
At Compliance Compendium we have a robust Program Management Team that average 20+ years of experience. They are always available and provide you daily feedback on the status of your project or why not use our live project system to track your project and be the envy of your competition!