Position: SQL Developer
Experience Level: 6 – 10 years
This position will apply subject matter expertise to source, analyse and validate data required from internal and external sources, as part of the Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse project. This role will be responsible for modelling, structuring and aggregating data in an efficient, accurate and customer relevant manner, using the following (but not limited to) technologies: AWS, Redshift, S3 and Hadoop (nice to have).
1. Strong proficiency with SQL and its variations (postgresql) among popular databases
2. (Redshift / Oracle)
3. Strong database fundamentals including SQL performance and schema design.
4. Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
5. Capable of troubleshooting common database issues.
6. Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
7. Coding and testing complex system components.
8. Code and design reviews to maintain high development standards.
9. Data Analysis experience, for example – map the source to target rules and fields.
10. Strong skills in performance tuning of complex SQL queries, procedure and indexing strategies.
1. Data warehousing concepts
2. Design OLAP databases using data warehouse patterns and schema’s including facts, dimensions, sorting keys, indexes, constraints etc.
3. Query design and performance tuning of complex queries for very large data sets.
4. AWS Redshift knowledge for DB design.
5. Working knowledge of AWS console and AWS Services with S3 storage.
6. AWS Pipeline knowledge to develop ETL for data movement to Redshift.
7. Concepts like DISTKEY, SORTKEY, COMPRESSION, VACUUM etc.
8. Programming skills in Java, Python or similar.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Identify and understand business needs to effectively design, develop, test, and deploy reports or applications.
2. Stress test and optimize the system for efficiency in a distributed database.
3. Build custom data imports as required.
4. Demonstrate SQL best practices in regards to security and privacy as well as design.
5. Create SQL views, Common Table Expressions (CTEs) and stored procedures to combine / aggregate data required for reporting purposes.
6. Be responsive and timely with ad-hoc data requests.
7. Be an engaged and productive member of the development team.
Non – Technical:
1. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to learn quickly and ‘get things done.’
4. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
5. Motivated to share knowledge in a team environment.
6. Self-directed and able to prioritize own workload.
7. Mentor junior team members as needed.
8. Work with data architects to ensure that solutions are aligned with company-wide technology directions.
Education and Skills:
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in an Engineering, IT, Math or Science related field.
2. 6+ years of experience in which a minimum of 3+ years of professional Services (customer facing) experience, 3+ years in SQL / AWS Redshift.
3. Hands on DataWarehouse practitioner, with broad understanding of big data ecosystems, distributed computing and analytics in a public cloud environment (Nice to have)
4. Ability to rapidly build ETL/ELT data processing jobs using combination of SQL and programming/scripting languages (eg. python)
Salary: As per market trend.
Ektha delivers innovative technology and business process solutions to small & medium sized business around the world. The ektha team is composed of experienced and creative people from divergent backgrounds who share an unwavering commitment to serving the clients' needs.