The incumbent, a member of the team driving the costing division of the entire group, based out of the corporate office, will be involved in establishing and following all the necessary systems to plan, monitor and implement cost control measures in accordance with the cost audit.
1. Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function.
2. Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting activities.
3. Development and maintenance of standard costs.
4. Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers
5. Assist the plants for timely preparation of annual budgets.
6. Develop a process that collects the Budgets from the plants along with bottom up drivers that support the budget for each activity.
7. Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management.
8. Run the monthly forecast process for costs and make sure all deadlines are met.
9. Provide commentary and analysis of costs against Budget and previous month’s forecast to plants, so that they are held accountable for their variances against forecast and budget.
10. Need to work with the plants to make sure that the latest forecast is as accurate as possible to ensure that variances are kept to a minimum.
11. Provide details of Risks and Opportunities for costs to ensure that NB Group is able to manage the expectations of its shareholders.
12. Provide monthly summary analysis of headcount and related costs to senior management.
13. Interact with internal/external auditors and provide various analysis and audit schedules and work to ensure compliance with all internal control procedures
14. Perform the monthly closing activities including preparation of the cost to operate statement along with supporting analysis.
Nava Bharat Ventures Limited (NBV), a multinational industrial Group headquartered in Hyderabad, is a diversified organisation with interests in Power Generation and O&M services, Ferro Alloys, Mining, Agri-business and Health Care services. The Company is in business for four decades and operates in different geographies spanning across India, South-east Asia and Africa.