1. Write clean, maintainable and efficient code.
2. Develop and maintain web applications within the Ruby on Rails web application framework.
3. Should be able to effectively lead from the front, integrating developers, analysts and QA.
4. Should be able to pair, and effectively mentor junior developers.
5. The ability to think innovatively and turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions.
6. Be an inspiration for the team and a trusted partner to our customers.
1. Proven working experience in developing applications with Ruby on Rails.
2. Strong Web programming skills in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
3. Proven working experience in software development.
4. Experience developing highly interactive applications.
6. Knowledge of ROR Plugins and various API integration.
7. Understanding of configuration management using version control systems such as git including branching and merging.
8. Familiar with Clojure or Ruby or Python or Java. Strong experience with JVM a plus.
9. Should be familiar with various data stores and techniques for storing and processing data (SQL / Redis / OLAP schemas)
10. Familiarity with the entire development -> prod flow a strong plus (our dev owns the DevOps)
11. Familiarity with performance tuning a web stack a strong plus.
12. Comfortable working in an Agile highly dynamic start-up environment.
13. Demonstrate leadership skill and be accustomed to driving results in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
Quintype is a data-driven publishing platform for the mobile-first world. Digital publishing has been stuck in the dark ages. The most commonly used platforms today are Wordpress and its cousins, which are over 12 years old. In the meantime, the landscape of content, audience, and monetization has changed dramatically. Quintype is a seamless, end-to-end SaaS to maSpoke to Nidhi, they are 90 employees and are using linkedin for postings and will post JDs on iOS developer, ROR developer nage all aspects of a modern online media operation. It's completely cloud-based, and is free to get started.