Working with the SaveBySwitching management team and liaising with your counterpart in the UK on a regular basis, you will have responsibility for:
1. Overall management of 4 IT staff, providing leadership and direction for the team.
2. Taking ownership and management of all aspects of the IT infrastructure, including hosted e-mail, printers and peripherals, backups, VOIP servers and their associated operating systems and software.
3. Providing hands-on technical support to 3rd line level as and when required by the IT team and end users.
4. Ensuring robust change control processes are implemented and adhered to, along with other appropriate Best Practice IT policies;
5. Implement and Adhere to the ISO certification SBS has achieved
6. Comply with and enforce the ISMS policies as part of any ISO certification.
7. Fully managing the company’s security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
8. Managing all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs and UP.
9. Ensuring the environment is captured on an asset management system and that the maintenance of the system inventory and related documentation is kept up to date.
10. Forecasting, evaluating and implementing future infrastructure requirements based on evolving business needs and issues.
11. Proactively analyzing, identifying and remedying potential issues with IT systems.
12. Planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
13. Keeping abreast of technology developments.
14. Asset management – stock control.
15. Escalating and co-ordinating with service providers/vendors.
Skills and Attributes:
You will ideally have 5 years or more experience in an IT Management role overseeing various systems infrastructure and staff.
In particular, you will have the following demonstrable skills and attributes:
1. Excellent technical and faultfinding knowledge of networks and PC operating systems, including Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows 7.
2. Solid technical and faultfinding knowledge of MS networking concepts, including but not limited to: TCP/IP, Ethernet, Telnet, FTP, DNS, Active Directory, Group Policy, SSL VPN, DHCP, SMTP , iSCSI , NAS , Terminal Services.
3. Working technical Knowledge of VOIP and Call Centre Dialing systems.
4. Working technical knowledge of current network and server hardware, protocols, and standards, including Active Directory, VPN, Cisco switches, routers and Sonic-Wall Firewalls.
5. Good admin, fault finding and process skills, with a proven ability to work autonomously while coordinating and managing multiple tasks methodically and systematically.
6. Demonstrable ability to manage IT staff in a professional and courteous manner.
7. Strong inter-personal and communication skills, including management of 3rd party relationships.
8. Ability to priorities specific tasks and successfully complete them within limited time and resource constraints.
9. Ability to document in a clear and concise way technically as well as at a business level.
10. Demonstrable ability to work under your own initiative and think outside the box.
1. Working knowledge of Linux systems and administration.
2. Understanding of or experience working with databases such as MySQL etc.
3. Ability to create IT-related Company Policies.
1. The IT Manager is authorized to interface with management and client.
2. She/he is authorized to operate within a budget that allows him to upgrade the technology time to time and also ensure that there is minimal downtime.
3. In his/her capacity; s/he is authorized to choose telecom vendors based on the SLA fixed with each vendor for uptime.
4. S/he is also has the authority to draft technical policies for the organization towards data security.
SaveBySwitching was established in 2012 to fulfil the need for a BPO and call centre that combined the best practices of the UK and India. Initially set up to manage sales and customer service in the energy and utilities industry, we developed methodologies and processes that achieved quantifiable results in areas of customer satisfaction and customer acquisition. Over the years, we have leveraged this experience to understand, advise and improve operations that have added invaluable insights to a wide range of businesses across industries.